Maintain the beauty of your new hardwood floor for years to come by following a few simple tips.
- Sweep, dust mop, or vacuum regularly using the wand attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
- Clean your hardwood floor occasionally using a swivel head mop with a soft cover and Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner. DO NOT USE WATER OR STEAM.
- Use Bona floor care products and floor protectors, available at your local flooring store or home center.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Place a natural or colorfast mat outside at entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture tracked into your home.
- Keep animal nails trimmed to minimize scratches.
- Support furniture with floor protectors that are at least one inch in diameter, made of non-staining felt or non-pigmented hard plastic, that rest fat on the floor and are replaced regularly.
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it to prevent scuffs and gouges.
- Replace hard, narrow furniture rollers with wide rubber rollers.
- Protect your floor from direct sunlight.
- DON’T use rubber, foam back, or plastic mats as they could discolor your floor.
- DON’T use ammonia-based cleaners, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soaps, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials like vinegar.
- DON’T wear shoes with spike heels or heel taps on your hardwood floor. Remove shoes at the door to avoid potentially dragging in sharp objects in your shoe treads.